Flora Photography Sawidji Studio.
- the plants of a particular region, habitat, or geological period.”the desert flora give way to oak woodlands”
- a treatise on or list of the plant life of a particular region or period.plural noun: florae; plural noun: floras
Flora Photography: Definition of Flora
The word “flora” comes from the Latin name of Flora, the goddess of plants, flowers, and fertility in Roman mythology. The technical term “flora” is then derived from a metonymy of this goddess at the end of the sixteenth century. It was first used in poetry to denote the natural vegetation of an area, but soon also assumed the meaning of a work cataloguing such vegetation.
Within Sawidji Studio online Gallery, Flora Photography covers a wide range of visual interpretations. Images range from a close up look through ManButurs’ beautiful captures in Macro to Flora images taken in another contextual theme like in the Fortitude Series by Dewi Dian.
Explore other collections at Sawidji Studio Photography Gallery
Flora Photography Related Articles in Sawidji Studio Blog
- Water in Black and WhiteWater in Black and White by ManButur Suantara
- FortitudeFortitude by Dewi Dian Reich. The neglected and overlooked wild flowers. Their modest beauty.
- I Hear You treeI Hear You Tree, a conversation with Nyoman ‘Butur’ Suantara, Fine Art Photographer. Written by Dewi Dian Reich.
- Wings and ThingsWings and Things by Dewi Dian Reich. Its curious, how the lens can teach us how to see. Not just objects, but wonder.
- Sangeh, a Forest MemoryThe power of memory and the secrets of an Ancient Forest. Of Stones and Trees: Sangeh Monkey Forest.
View post to subscribe to site newsletter.